2 Day Introduction to Individual Schema Therapy – Warrnambool, VICTORIA, 3280
12 October 2017
This introductory workshop is aimed for mental health professionals who are interested in working with Personality Disorders, namely BPD and Developmental Trauma Presentations. The training aims to provide an introduction to the theory and techniques typical of Individual Schema Therapy with an emphasis on Borderline Personality Disorder.
By the end of the workshop attendees will know:
- What a Schema is and how they develop
- The different coping styles when Schemas are activated
- Assessment and Schema Case formulation to facilitate treatment planning- specifically with BPD.
- What the Mode Model is and how to work with modes with BPD
- The basics of Schema Therapy techniques, working with defence mechanisms, and the varying emotional states with BPD patient.
- Outcome studies looking at Schema Therapy and its effectiveness. specifically with BPD.
About the Presenters:
Dr Rita Younan is a Clinical Psychologist and certified Schema Therapist Supervisor-Trainer. Dr Younan was the Director of the Schema Therapy Department at The Victoria Clinic. In collaboration with Professor Joan Farrell & Ms Ida Shaw, Dr Younan developed the inpatient and outpatient Group Schema Therapy Program offered at the Clinic.