One Day Introduction to Schema Therapy, Melbourne
23 November 2019
Theory, Model & Techniques in Schema Therapy: A one day introduction.
Presented by: Dr Rita Younan
This one day workshop is aimed for professionals/post graduate students who are interested in a brief introduction about the theory, model and techniques found in Schema Therapy.
By the end of the workshop attendees will know:
- What a Schema is and how they develop
- The different coping styles when Schemas are activated
- What the Mode Model is and how to work with modes
- An understanding of the various clinical interventions found in ST, Cognitive, Behavioural, Emotion focused and “limited re-parenting”
- A case study to highlight ST application will be provided
- Outcome studies looking at Schema Therapy and its effectiveness
About the Presenters:
Dr Rita Younan is a Clinical Psychologist and certified Schema Therapist Supervisor-Trainer in Individual and Group Schema Therapy. Dr Younan was the Director of the Schema Therapy Department at The Victoria Clinic. In collaboration with Professor Joan Farrell & Ms Ida Shaw, Dr Younan developed the inpatient and outpatient Group Schema Therapy Program offered at the Clinic, and outcomes from that implementation were published.
Places are limited, please register early to avoid disappointment, via payment options on the website.
Please note no catering offered at this workshop. Tea and coffee provided.