Half Day Workshop: Working With Overcompensatory Coping Modes -Clinical College Conference, Adelaide, 2018
29 April 2018
This half day workshop on Schema Therapy and Overcompensatory Coping Modes will be facilitated by Dr Rita Younan and Ms Ruth Holt at the 2018 Conference for Clinical Psychologists held in Adelaide, Australia. The three day conference will be held at Hilton Adelaide Brisbane’s Convention & Exhibition Centre from the 27th of June to the 28th of April 2018.
Training Objectives include:
- Understand over-compensation as a coping response and identify common over-compensator presentations such as
- Self Aggrandiser
- Perfectionistic Over-controller
- Observe and practice Schema Therapy interventions including
- Identifying Overcompensation in session
- Empathic Confrontation and Limit setting
- Imagery work
- Reflect on own experience with a difficult client and develop imagery to maintain emotional safety
This workshop is 3 CPD hours.
For more information on the conference, workshop and registration details please go to https://apsevents.eventsair.com/QuickEventWebsitePortal/2018cclp/conference