Schema Therapy For Borderline Personality Disorder & Complex Trauma, Intermediate workshop, Melbourne
24 November 2021
Schema Therapy for BPD & Complex Trauma
This two day masterclass focuses on Schema Therapy for developmental trauma, incorporating Interpersonal Neurobiology, The Polyvagal theory, Somatic Psychotherapy, bottom up and top down approaches and the phases of intervention.
Training Objectives Include:
- A focus on experiential and Emotion Regulation techniques in Schema Therapy to use in session with reference to the three phases of treatment, i.e., Bonding & Regulation, Schema Mode Change & Autonomy.
- Understanding the three phases of treatment (bonding and regulation, mode change and building autonomy)
- Looking at the typical mode conceptualisation for this treatment population
- Using experiential and emotion regulation techniques
- Cognitive, Experiential, Behavioural Pattern Breaking for this clinical population will be discussed in detail, including the importance of Safety & Stabilisation before the use of Schema Mode Change Techniques.
- Understanding Flight, Fight and Freeze responses, bypassing coping modes by building therapeutic presence
- Limited reparenting when working with child modes using connection, co-regulation and self regulation
- Incorporating ideas from Polyvagal theory, (Porges, 2016), Interpersonal Neurobiology (Siegal, 2000), Somatic Psychotherapy (Fisher & Ogden, 2015) and Stages of Treatment (Ford & Cortois, 2000) when applying Schema Therapy Techniques.
*This is the second workshop in the certification series for accreditation in Schema Therapy provided by Schema Therapy Institute Australia;
*Certification hours include: Didactic Hours 9, Dyadic Hours 5
*A working knowledge of Schema Therapy and the Mode Model is recommended
Please note cancellations can be made up to one month prior to the workshop otherwise the cancellation is 50% of the registration fee. All cancellations incur a $50 administration fee. If the workshop is unable to be run due to lockdowns, it will be transferred to the next online event. Please email email@example.com for any training related enquiries.