ST for BPD/Trauma an Intermediate Workshop – Brisbane, QLD
14 July 2022
This Schema Therapy training for developmental trauma, incorporates Interpersonal Neurobiology, Polyvagal theory, Somatic Psychotherapy, bottom up and top down approaches and phases of intervention.
Training Objectives Include:
- A focus on experiential and Emotion Regulation techniques in Schema Therapy to use in session with reference to the three phases of treatment, i.e., Bonding & Regulation, Schema Mode Change & Autonomy.
- Understanding the three phases of treatment (bonding and regulation, mode change and building autonomy)
- Looking at the typical mode conceptualisation for this treatment population
- Using experiential and emotion regulation techniques
- Cognitive, Experiential, Behavioural Pattern Breaking for this clinical population will be discussed in detail, including the importance of Safety & Stabilisation before the use of Schema Mode Change Techniques.
- Understanding Flight, Fight and Freeze responses, bypassing coping modes by building therapeutic presence
- Limited reparenting when working with child modes using connection, co-regulation and self regulation
- Incorporating ideas from Polyvagal theory, (Porges, 2016), Interpersonal Neurobiology (Segal, 2000), Somatic Psychotherapy (Fisher & Ogden, 2015) and Stages of Treatment (Ford & Cortois, 2000) when applying Schema Therapy Techniques.
- This is the second workshop in the certification series for accreditation in Schema Therapy provided by Schema Therapy Institute Australia;
- Certification hours include: Didactic Hours 9, Dyadic Hours 5
*A working knowledge of Schema Therapy and the Mode Model is recommended
Training Dates and Details:
Training is for Thursday the 14th and Friday the 15th of JULY 2022 from 9am to 5pm and is being held at Park Regis North Quay, Brisbane QLD. The cost for the training is $799 and includes catering and materials provided. Certification hours include: Didactic Hours 9, Dyadic Hours 5.
About the Presenter:
The Training is being delivered by Megan FRY – Advanced ST Supervisor and Trainer in Individual ST. Meet Megan:
“I am a Clinical Psychologist with over 16 years clinical experience and I am an Advanced Level Individual Schema Therapist / Supervisor / Trainer (certified by the International Society for Schema Therapy). I completed a Bachelor of Psychology (Honours) at the University of Newcastle and a Masters in Clinical Psychology at Macquarie University. I am currently completing a PhD at Griffith University.
I am passionate about Schema Therapy and how we can help all clients create positive, fundamental change and growth in their life. I have a special interest in Veteran mental health and complex trauma. I love helping clinicians unders
For more information please email: email@example.com
Please note cancellations can be made up to one month prior to the workshop otherwise the cancellation is 50% of the registration fee. All cancellations incur a $50 administration fee.