Three Day Introductory Workshop on individual Schema Therapy- Bendigo, Victoria, 3550
25 May 2017
This introductory workshop is aimed for mental health professionals who are interested in working with Personality Disorders, namely BPD and Developmental Trauma Presentations. The training aims to provide an introduction to the theory and techniques typical of Individual Schema Therapy with an emphasis on Borderline Personality Disorder.
By the end of the workshop attendees will know:
- What schemas are and how they develop
- An understanding of the “trait” vs “state” model.
- The different coping styles when Schemas are activated
- Assessment and Schema Case formulation to facilitate treatment planning
- How to work with child modes, coping modes, parent modes and enhancing adaptive modes.
- Having an introduction to cognitive, experiential (including imagery and mode dialogues), behavioural and limited reparenting (i.e., limit setting, attunement and empathic confrontation) interventions typical of schema therapy.
- Outcome studies looking at Schema Therapy and its effectiveness.
About the Presenter:
Dr Rita Younan is a Clinical Psychologist and certified Schema Therapist Supervisor-Trainer with an accredited training program. Dr Younan is the director and founder of the Schema Therapy Institute Australia and in collaboration with Professor Joan Farrell & Ms Ida Shaw, Dr Younan developed the inpatient and outpatient Group Schema Therapy Program for Complex Trauma offered at the The Victoria Clinic.
Please register as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Total Cost is $699 (GST Inc.) early bird before March 31st, $740 thereafter. To register please download and return the following form:Workshop Credit Card Payment Form BENDIGO to firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your booking.